The BlueInvest Awards winners were announced during the BlueInvest Day. Throughout the day, the candidates to the BlueInvest Awards made their pitches. They were 20 of Europe’s top start-ups and SMEs in the Blue Economy.
Pitches were live-streamed for maximum exposure to potential clients and partners. The finalists went through undergo pitch coaching and feedback from industry specialists prior to the event.
The BlueInvest Awards winners were:
- Clean energy from the ocean: Corpower Ocean (Sweden) CorPower Ocean offers reliable and competitive wave energy technology.
- Intelligent ocean: SINAY (France). SINAY proposes IT resources for dealing with growing volumes of data and complex analytics.
- Food & feed from the ocean: BioFeyn (France). BioFeyn applies the latest developments in medical nanotechnology to aquaculture.
- Blue bioeconomy and green solutions: Marine Performance Systems B.V. (The Netherlands) This company makes ships glide on air bubbles, reducing fuel consumption, pollution and fouling.
- People’s choice Award: Algaenergy S.A. (Spain) This company specializes on CO2 biofixation from combustion gases of industrial origin in microalgal culture, to turn them into products of high commercial interest.