The World Ocean Council is partnering with the City and the Port of Barcelona to develop a global Blue Economy hub, headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. In celebration of this new partnership, World Ocean Council will host two high-impact ocean events in this vibrant port city: the much-anticipated return of the Sustainable Ocean Summit – SOS 2022, taking place 17-18 October; followed by the launch of the Global Blue Finance Summit – BlueFIN 2022 on 19 October. BOld is an official endorsing partner.
SOS and BlueFIN are about gathering the energy and expertise of ocean sectors in one place, to build the roadmap, share insights, and make critical connections. It’s where market leaders meet and turn ideas into real-world innovations.
Sustainable Ocean Summit
The Sustainable Ocean Summit is a unique, high-level business gathering focused on private sector collaboration for sustainable ocean economies. The theme of SOS 2022 is Ocean-Climate-Biodiversity: Synergies and Solutions for Ocean Sustainability.
WOC’s flagship event since 2010, the Sustainable Ocean Summit draws C-suite representatives from shipping, ports, fisheries, aquaculture, offshore energy, tourism, marine technology, finance, and more. SOS remains the must-attend global event connecting ocean business, investment, and sustainability. Previous summits have taken place in Belfast (2010), Washington DC (2013), Singapore (2015), Rotterdam (2016), Halifax (2017), Hong Kong (2018), and Paris (2019) — as well as a virtual conference in 2020.
- Ocean Executive Forum: Signature SOS Multi-Sector CEO Panel
- Ocean 2030: Industry Projections for the Ocean Economy
- 30×30: Ocean Industries, Biodiversity, and Protecting 30% of the Planet by 2030
- Creating the ‘Blue Economy Leadership Alliance for the Mediterranean’
- Sustainable Ports and Shipping for the Blue Economy
- The Digital Ocean, Big Ocean Data, and the Ocean Cloud
17-18 October 2022
Location: World Trade Center Barcelona, Spain
Global Blue Finance Summit
The Global Blue Finance Summit – BlueFIN is set to launch as the leading conference on ocean investment and finance. The theme of BlueFIN 2022 focuses on Ocean Investing for Ocean Impact.
SOS 2019, which explored the theme of Investing in Ocean Futures: Finance and Innovation for the Blue Economy, gave rise to BlueFIN. It was the most comprehensive global blue finance event organized to date.
- Blue Finance Executive Forum: BlueFIN High-Level Panel Across Finance Sectors
- Blue Finance Framework: Metrics, Indicators, Reporting for Ocean ESG and Impact Investing
- Blended Finance and the Blue Economy
- Multilateral and Public Funding as Partners for Risk Mitigation/Guarantee
- Blue Economy Blockchain: Linking Around the World and Across Sectors for Ocean Sustainable Development.
19 October 2022
Location: World Trade Center Barcelona – Barcelona, Spain